We are a small and fast-thinking team of high performers. At Shift, we have a passion for our clients’ business and are as committed to achieving their goals as they are. If you are dedicated to doing meaningful work, and having a laugh while doing it — this might be the place for you.
FULL-TIME SENIOR WRITER
Do you have a way with words?
Shift Consulting Inc. is searching for a super-talented wordsmith to join our team.
We are a growing, Banff-based, full-service marketing and communications boutique looking for a versatile writer that can effortlessly tackle speeches, web copy and everything in between. From local non-profits to major brands making a difference, you need to be just as fascinating, diverse, and community minded as our clients.
- Love a newsroom style office where priorities change throughout the day
- Multi-sector experience to serve a wonderfully diverse client base
- A great sense of humour with a bit of unflappability
- You already live in the Bow Valley and want to come and physically work in our office (with safe covid protocols in place)
- Be ready to start work with us in October (or sooner)
- Have completed or currently enrolled in the University of Alberta’s Indigenous Canada course
Our ideal writer will be:
- Educated in the field of communications, public relations, and/or journalism
- An exceptional writer for all audiences and a multitude of platforms
- Articulate, with great business acumen
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A creative thinker who handles change with a positive attitude and is graceful under pressure
- Client focused and an active listener with the ability to deliver multiple projects with a focus on quality and timelines
- Self-motivated, yet you know when peer review and internal collaboration will lead to a better product
PART-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Shift is also looking for a formally-educated, part-time, award-winning graphic designer that exemplifies creativity and can handle competing deadlines.
How to apply
To apply for either of the roles, please send your resume along with a cover letter describing how your professional passions and our organizational passions will make for a great match to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 15th, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We offer our clients from across the country services ranging from internal communications to public engagement and marketing. We’re best known for issues management and our ability to see a challenge from all sides.
Shift’s clients range from small non-profits with big vision to medium-sized municipalities to market-leading companies and provincial corporations.
Shift’s services include:
- Communications planning and execution: internal and external
- Issues management
- Facilitation and training
- Public relations support/reputation management
- Media relations/coaching and training
- Crisis communications
- Writing and content creation (from annual reports and blogs to social media and podcasts and everything in between)
- Marketing campaigns and collateral
- Government relations
- Giving programs/community outreach activities
- Public engagement and consultation
Shift Consulting Inc.
PO Box 16, Banff AB T1L 1A2